nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: [Collex] application#index (ActionController::RoutingError) "no route found to match \"/nines/ escape(document.title) u,\" with {:method=>:get}"
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:36:55 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Please reply to me directly as well, as I'm not on the nutch-dev list
> regularly.
>
> I'm curious ... Googlebot, Yahoo Slurp, and now CazoodleBot (based on

Googlebot and Slurp, too ?? Hey, we're in a pretty good company! ;)

> Nutch) are hitting our site at http://www.nines.org and I get all sorts
> of invalid links crawled.  Is our site doing something wrong in our
> markup?  Or are all these crawlers flawed by hitting non-sensible URLs?

This is a side-effect of an unsophisticated method for extracting URLs
from Javascript files - the extractor takes "likely" strings and tries
to build absolute URLs out of them. In may cases the strings have
nothing to do with URLs.

Please see NUTCH-505 for more details.

--
Best regards,