nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Sami Siren <ssi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scoring API issues (LONG)
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 16:21:32 GMT
Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working recently on a custom scoring plugin, and I found out
> some issues with the scoring API that severely limit the way we can
> calculate static page scores. I'd like to restart the discussion about
> this API, and propose some changes. Any comments or suggestions are
> welcome!

Hi,

In practice I have found out that sometimes it's just easier (and even
more efficient) to write a custom mr job (yes, an additional phase into
the process) to calculate the scores for urls.

By using this strategy it would give users more freedom in selecting the
data (and algorithm) required and same time keep the other parts of the
process more slim.

--
 Sami Siren