nutch-dev mailing list archives

From "Doğacan Güney" <doga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First Plugin
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 13:12:48 GMT
Hi,

On 10/5/07, Sagar Vibhute <sagar020785@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently downloaded and used nutch and I need to develop a few
> plugins for my work. I took the plugin example given on the wiki,
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/WritingPluginExample-0%2e9
>
> and followed the instructions as given there. Now when I start crawling
> again it aborts and throws the following exception:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Job failed!
>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:604)
>         at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Injector.inject(Injector.java:162)
>         at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl.main(Crawl.java:115)
>
> I could crawl successfully before I added this plugin.
>
> Please give any insights you can to get this fixed.

(I really should add this to FAQ)

This log doesn't help us. This simply tells us that crawling has
failed. You have to check your logs elsewhere (logs/hadoop.log
directory if you are local and your tasktracker's logs if you are
running in distributed mode). If you can send those logs we can make a
more informed analysis about your problem.

--
Doğacan Güney