nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>
Subject Re: db.ignore.internal.links and ranking algorithms
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 22:53:52 GMT
I don't believe that you can set it for a single site. Setting the
variable would affect all sites, but it should increase relevancy if you
are doing web crawls and not constrained crawls.  This is because the
default nutch scores internal and external links equally.

Are you merging segments or merging segment indexes?  Either way I don't
think scores are recalculated.  Scores are calculated primarily on the
parse process (distributing score to outlinks) and on the update db
process (gathering inlink score and updating crawldatum).

Dennis Kubes