nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>
Subject Commit Times for Issues
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:37:22 GMT
So I have been talking with some of the other committers and I wanted to
layout a suggestion for standardizing some of the nutch committer
workflow processes in the hope of speeding up nutch development.

The first one I was hoping to tackle is time to commit.  At least for me
it has been hard to know when to commit something, especially when it
was trivial or no one commented on the issue.  Here is what is being
proposed:

Trivial changes = immediate, this at the discretion of the committers
Minor changes = 24 hours from latest patch or 1 or more +1 from committers
Major and blocker changes = 4 days from latest patch or 2 or more +1
from committers

This way if an issue has been active for some time but no one has taken
a look at it, and it has passed all unit tests, then we can go ahead and
commit it.  Also this should allow more of the smaller changes to be
handled faster.

So these of course are just some suggestions would love to hear from
others in the community.  What I think would be best is to come to a
consensus on this and then have a wiki page describing this and other
processes for committers.

Dennis Kubes