nutch-dev mailing list archives

From "Neumann, Vladimir" <Vladimir.Neum...@sbb.spk-berlin.de>
Subject cached.jsp for the new dev-version
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:24:21 GMT
Hello all,

We are from Berlin State Library and trying to fetch the material in "exotic" languages: Cyrillic,
Chinese, Korean etc.

It is a known problem that the nutch-0.9 cannot properly detect the encoding of the fetched
websites and display them via cached.jsp.

This is now different in nutch-1.0-dev, because a "character encoding detector" is already
implemented. We would like to use it and have been compiling the nutch-1.0-dev from the trunk.
After fetching and installing the war-file we realized, that the cached.jsp is not modified
for the new encoding detector.

My question is, did anybody try to adapt the cached.jsp for the new dev-version? We would
like to benefit from the solution.

Thank you,

Vladimir Neumann