nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Trey Spiva <trey.Sp...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Image Search Engine Input
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2007 02:30:35 GMT

Hello I am new to Nutch and Hadoop, so sorry if this question is very basic.

If you store the image in the content directory how is a web page able to
reference the image?  From what I understand when you Hadoop the files are
spread out through DataNode machines.  All communication goes through the
NameNode which redirects to the DataNodes (I may not be correct here, but
this is how I understand how things work).  So, how do you get a path to the
image to reference in the web page?

Again sorry if I am completely off base in my understanding how how things
work.