nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Nutch Wiki] Trivial Update of "RunningNutchAndSolr" by PieterCoucke
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 12:52:20 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by PieterCoucke:
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/RunningNutchAndSolr

  I'm posting it under Nutch rather than Solr on the presumption that people are more likely
to be learning/using Solr first, then come here looking to combine it with Nutch.  I'm going
to skip over doing command by command for right now.  I'm running/building on Ubuntu 7.10
using Java 1.6.0_05.  I'm assuming that the Solr trunk code is checked out into solr-trunk
and Nutch trunk code is checked out into nutch-trunk.

  == Prerequisites ==
+  * apt-get install sun-java6-jdk subversion ant patch unzip
-  * apt-get install sun-java6-jdk
-  * apt-get install subversion
-  * apt-get install ant

  == Steps ==
   1. Check out solr-trunk ( svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/trunk/ solr-trunk
)
   1. Check out nutch-trunk ( svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/nutch/trunk/ nutch-trunk
)
   1. Go into the solr-trunk and run 'ant dist dist-solrj'
   1. Copy apache-solr-solrj-1.3-dev.jar and apache-solr-common-1.3-dev.jar from solr-trunk/dist
to nutch-trunk/lib
-  1. Apply patch from [http://www.foofactory.fi/files/nutch-solr/nutch_solr.patch FooFactory
patch] to nutch-trunk (cd nutch-trunk; patch -p0 < nutch_solr.patch)
+  1. Apply patch from [http://www.foofactory.fi/files/nutch-solr/nutch_solr.patch FooFactory
patch] to nutch-trunk (cd nutch-trunk; wget http://www.foofactory.fi/files/nutch-solr/nutch_solr.patch;
patch -p0 < nutch_solr.patch)
   1. Get zip file from [http://variogram.com/latest/SolrIndexer.zip Variogr.am] and unzip
somewhere other than nutch-trunk
   1. Copy ONLY SolrIndexer.java from src/java/org/apache/nutch/indexer/ to nutch-trunk/src/java/org/apache/nutch/indexer
   1. Edit nutch-trunk/src/java/org/apache/nutch/indexer/SolrIndexer.java (somewhere around
line 92):