nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Nutch Wiki] Update of "WritingPluginExample-0.9" by PatrickMarkiewicz
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 21:12:40 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by PatrickMarkiewicz:
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/WritingPluginExample-0%2e9

  == Unit testing ==

- We'll need to create two files for unit testing:  a page we'll do the testing against, and
a class to do the testing with.  Again, let's assume your plug in directory is [!YourCheckoutDir]/src/plugin
and that your test plugin is under directory.  Create directory recommended/data, and under
it make a new file called recommended.html
+ We'll need to create two files for unit testing:  a page we'll do the testing against, and
a class to do the testing with.  Again, let's assume your plugin directory is [!YourCheckoutDir]/src/plugin
and that your test plugin is under that directory.  Create directory recommended/data, and
under it make a new file called recommended.html

  {{{
@@ -392, +392 @@

  As you can see, this code first parses the document, looks for the '''Recommended''' item
in the object contentMeta - which we saved on RecommendedParser - and verifies that it's set
to value '''recommended-content'''.

+ Now add some lines to the build.xml file located in [!YourCheckoutDir]/src/plugin/recommended
directory, so that at a minimum its contents are:
+ {{{
+ <?xml version="1.0"?>
+
+ <project name="recommended" default="jar">
+
+   <import file="../build-plugin.xml"/>
+
+   <!-- for junit test -->
+   <mkdir dir="${build.test}/data"/>
+   <copy file="data/recommended.html" todir="${build.test}/data"/>
+
+ </project>
+ }}}
+ These lines will copy the test data to the proper directory for testing.
+
  To run the test case, simply move back to your plugin's root directory and execute

  {{{