nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NUTCH-92 - DistributedSearch incorrectly scores results
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 20:50:52 GMT
Sean Dean wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the status of this
> issue heading into a potential 1.0 (or 0.x) release over the few months?

Looks like a patch has been sitting there for a long time.  Don't know
if it is still applicable or not.  Checking on it.

> I realize many upgrades have been made to Hadoop and Lucene, and in
> addition to that bug fixes in just about every element of the system but
> does this issue not prevent Nutch from being a true scalable system?

I don't think so.  Especially with some of the new link analysis and
indexing stuff we have run production systems up to 100 million and 150
nodes and not seem problems (I think).

Dennis