nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Nutch Wiki] Update of "HowToMakeCustomSearch" by PalashRay
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 16:11:34 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by PalashRay:
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/HowToMakeCustomSearch

  [This is for Nutch 1.0]

- How do you index your custom data and then search for the same using the Nutch web interface?
Suppose we want to search for the author of the website by his email id.
+ How do you index your custom data and then search for the same using the Nutch web interface?

+
+ == Use Case ==
+
+ Suppose we want to search for the author of the website by his email id.

  == Indexing the email id ==

@@ -184, +188 @@

  If you skip this line, you will never be able to see this in search results.

- The only catch here is you have to append the keyword email: to the search key. For example,
if you want to search for jsmith@mydomain.com, you have to search for email:jsmith@mydomain.com
or email:jsmith.
+ The only catch here is you have to prepend the keyword '''''email:''''' to the search key.
For example, if you want to search for '''''jsmith@mydomain.com''''', you have to search for
'''''email:jsmith@mydomain.com''''' or '''''email:jsmith'''''.

  There is an easier and more elegant way.

@@ -224, +228 @@

  }}}

- With this while looking for jsmith@mydomain.com, you can simply enter jsmith@mydomain.com
or a part the name like jsmit.
+ With this while looking for '''''jsmith@mydomain.com''''', you can simply enter '''''jsmith@mydomain.com'''''
or a part the name like '''''jsmit'''''.

  == Building a Nutch plugin ==