nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Frank McCown <fmcc...@harding.edu>
Subject Re: login failed exception
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 21:29:28 GMT
Adding cygwin to my PATH solved my problem with whoami.  But now I'm
getting an exception when running the crawler:

Injector: Converting injected urls to crawl db entries.
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Job failed!
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:1232)
	at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Injector.inject(Injector.java:160)
	at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl.main(Crawl.java:114)

I know from searching the mailing list that this is normally due to a
bad plugin.folders setting in the nutch-default.xml, but I used the
same value as the tutorial (./src/plugin) to no avail.

(As an aside, seems like Hadoop should provide a better error message
if the plugin folder doesn't exist.)

Anyway, thanks, Bartosz, for your help.

Frank