nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Searching multiple indexes with Nutch-2 servers,0 segments
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 08:21:57 GMT
jqq wrote:
> Hi,
> I have two computers, which are PC1 and PC2.
>         PC1:windows xp,cygwin,tomcat,IP 10.0.0.2
>         PC2:windows xp,cygwin,IP 10.0.0.3
> The PC1 and PC2 have crawled different data.
> For searching multiple indexes,my configuration is as follows:
> 1. configure /conf/slaves file on the both computers,the file contains
> the flollowing:
>                    10.0.0.2
>                    10.0.0.3

conf/slaves doesn't configure the searching - it's only needed when
starting / stopping a map-reduce cluster.

> 2.I created a file called search-servers.txt
>            PC1: c:\nutch\servers\search-servers.txt
>            PC2: c:\nutch\servers\search-servers.txt
>   This file contains the following(host,port):
>           10.0.0.2 9988
>           10.0.0.3 9988
> 3.open c:\tomcat\webapps\nutch\WEB-INF\classes\nutch-site.xml and set
> the searcher.dir property,so the property is:
>               <name>searcher.dir</name>
>               <value>c:\nutch\servers</value>

In this directory you should put a file search-servers.txt that contains:

10.0.0.2 9988
10.0.0.3 9988

> 4.start the search servers by typing:
>              PC1: ./bin/nutch server 9988 /cygdrive/e/crawl
>              PC2: ./bin/nutch server 9988 /cygdrive/e/crawl
>
> start tomcat and go to:http://10.0.0.2/nutch/ , my search results is 0
> hits.tomcat's log is:
>  DistributedSearch- Querying segments from search servers...
>  DistributedSearch- STATS:2 servers,0 segments.
>
> Why are 0 segments?

Common mistake is also to use hadoop-site.xml that configures Hadoop FS
layer to use the distributed filesystem (DFS), while the data is located
on the local filesystem.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><