nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Nutch Wiki] Update of "GettingNutchRunningWithWindows" by JohnWhelan
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 03:31:01 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by JohnWhelan:
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/GettingNutchRunningWithWindows

  Since Nutch is written in Java, it is possible to get Nutch working in a Windows environment,
provided that the correct software is installed.
+
+ Note: If you're just interested in a basic installation on Windows and are not interested
in knowing the details of how it is done, you might want check and see if the[http://www.whelanlabs.com/content/SearchEngineManager.htm
WhelanLabs SearchEngine Manager] fits your needs. It is a free installer for Nutch on Windows.

  The following documents describe how I got it working on Windows XP Pro running Tomcat 5.28.
 Edit: page updated with my experience installing on Windows Server 2003.