nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Why does TestNodeWalker keep failing?
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 12:12:04 GMT
Doğacan Güney wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know why TestNodeWalker keeps failing
> for the last couple of days?
>
> I can reproduce the error in my computer; test log looks like
> this:
>
> Testsuite: org.apache.nutch.util.TestNodeWalker
> Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1.101 sec
> ------------- Standard Error -----------------
> java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd
>     at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1241)
>     at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(Unknown Source)
>     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(Unknown Source)
>     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDTDEntity(Unknown
> Source)
>     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.setInputSource(Unknown
> Source)
>     at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
> Source)
>     at
> Source)
>     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
>     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
>     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>     at
> org.apache.nutch.util.TestNodeWalker.testSkipChildren(TestNodeWalker.java:63)

Hmm, error 503 is "Service unavailable". Either this is a genuine
problem at www.w3.org, or the access to this site is not available from
the machine that runs tests. I believe we should do something similar as
we did for generating the web docs, i.e. use our own catalog or DTDs
instead of downloading DTDs from the net.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><