nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Soztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nutch dev. plans
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 08:24:14 GMT
Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think we should be creating a sandbox area, where we can collaborate
> on various subprojects, such as HBase, OSGI, Tika parsers, etc.
> Dogacan will be importing his HBase work as 'nutchbase'. Tika work is
> the least disruptive, so it could occur even on trunk. OSGI plugins
> work (which I'd like to tackle) means significant refactoring so I'd
> rather put this on a branch too.
>
> Dogacan, you mentioned that you would like to work on Katta
> integration. Could you shed some light on how this fits with the
> abstract indexing & searching layer that we now have, and how
> distributed Solr fits into this picture?

In hadoop, we do branch for huge patches that affect every other, like
Hadoop-4687(project split), and HADOOP-3628(lifecycles). Having branches
for hbase integration and osgi might help a lot. Committing the patches
immediately, and then resolving remaining issues, keeping up with the
trunk, etc. seems to be easier that way.