nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Nutch dev. plans
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:22:13 GMT
Doğacan Güney wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Kirby, thanks for all the insightful information! I couldn't comment
> much as most of
> the stuff went right over my head :) (don't know much about OSGI).
>
> Andrzej, would OSGI make creating plugins easier? One of the things
> that bug me most
> about our plugin system is the xml files that need to be created for
> every plugin. These files have to be written manually and nutch
> doesn't report errors very good here so this process is extremely
> error-prone. Do you have something in mind for making this part any
> simpler?

I don't think this will become much simpler, just different. OSGI
descriptors (not sure yet if we will go with extensions or dynamic
services) can be much more complex that our plugin descriptors, but I
think that in practice we would use a well-defined subset.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><