nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Doğacan Güney <doga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nutch dev. plans
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 07:18:51 GMT
Hey guys,

Kirby, thanks for all the insightful information! I couldn't comment
much as most of
the stuff went right over my head :) (don't know much about OSGI).

Andrzej, would OSGI make creating plugins easier? One of the things
that bug me most
about our plugin system is the xml files that need to be created for
every plugin. These files have to be written manually and nutch
doesn't report errors very good here so this process is extremely
error-prone. Do you have something in mind for making this part any
simpler?