nutch-dev mailing list archives

From lewis john mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject 'Other Resources' section of wiki
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 12:07:14 GMT
Hi,

This section is extremely dated, some dead links also exist.
I realise that some of the material here should remain e.g. blogs that are
still active and the search theory section
I propose the reform of the following
>Either try to locate or remove Stefan's work link. It currently exists as
an  503 unavailable link
>Frutch wiki is a dead link. I managed to manually locate the actual frutch
page, but it looks like its not been touched in years... delete this entry?
>Nutch has moved on leaps and bounds from the old wiki, but for legacy
purposes it would not bother me to have it remain.
>Nutch 0.8 and Hadoop tutorial is a dead link. I propose we remove this as
there is a comprehensive entry under the tutorials section further up the
wiki
>Move Spinn3r to commercial support subsection under general information
section
>Doing a quick text search on the bixo tutorial, it contains no references
to Nutch.

If I can get some general comments then I will clean this up later. I plan
to get the current command line options up to scratch as well in the not so
near future. After this I think it would be beneficial for users, if we
could update an existing tutorial to accommodate Nutch 1.3 architecture
changes and usage. I am happy to do this when I get the time.

Thanks

--
*Lewis*