nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdy Galema <ferdy.gal...@kalooga.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Nutch 2.0 RC2
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 10:27:07 GMT
Hi,

Tested it with HBase but there is a slight issue with the dependencies.
After building rc2 with ivy-enabled HBase, it seems a test HBase jar is
deployed in local/lib, even though it's called hbase-0.90.4.jar. (I do not
know yet how this is caused!) But since a user should have a separate HBase
installation anyway, I don't think it's a blocker for now. A user should
simply copy its HBase core lib from the HBase installation into the
local/lib directory. This works for me. We should add this to
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/GORA_HBase (btw does anyone know why I cannot
edit this one anymore?)

Crawling/parsing works fine after the workaround, so +1 from me. If anyone
disagrees with the above, I'm fine with that too and fixing it prior to
releasing.

Ferdy