nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdy Galema <ferdy.gal...@kalooga.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Nutch 2.0 RC2
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 21:14:25 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM, Sebastian Nagel <
wastl.nagel@googlemail.com> wrote:

> +1
> with a documentation issue about the dependencies:
>
> > simply copy its HBase core lib from the HBase installation into the
> > local/lib directory. This works for me.
> Removing lib/hbase-0.90.4.jar and copying hbase-0.94.jar from the HBase
> installation
> into lib/ caused a
>  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>    org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HColumnDescriptor.setMaxVersions(I)V
> Which version of HBase are you using?

I've tested with the official 0.90.4. (Just the one that should be included
using ivy.xml). I will check for certain at my workstation tomorrow.

> > After building rc2 with ivy-enabled HBase, it seems a test HBase jar is
> > deployed in local/lib, even though it's called hbase-0.90.4.jar.
> In my case, it's definitely HBase 0.90.4

Weird. Do you clean the build properly? I get HBaseConfiguration class not
found exceptions after building and running local jobs. (Because it's not
in the hbase jar that is).

Trying to run Nutch with hbase-0.90.4.jar and HBase 0.94 installed
> also failed (see
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hbase-user/201201.mbox/%3CCADcMMgHNTcEzSxEt=boYt5xr-UMu4t5QyfeaS2LRQuBV4_T2rg@mail.gmail.com%3E
> ).
>
> From the wiki:
> > (N.B. Gora 0.2 uses HBase 0.90.4, however the setup is known to work
> > with more recent versions of HBase.)

That's right. However for RC testing and for instructions I'd like to use
the ivy.xml supplied versions.

> We should specify which versions are definitely working when following the
> procedure in the tutorial. It's not the user's task to try it out.
>
> I agree. But again, I like to stick to a single version. It's already
pretty darn hard to support a single version of HBase (dependency wise for
example), let alone multiple versions.

Sebastian

Thanks,
Ferdy.