nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Understanding mapping of field characteristics to index structure
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 11:41:21 GMT
Hi Markus,
Thanks for getting back on this one last night. Please see comments inline.

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Markus Jelsma
<markus.jelsma@openindex.io> wrote:
> Hi,
> Tokenization depens whether an analyzer used for the field ... should be boosted seperately.

Thanks for clarifying all is now crystal.

> About the Solr4 schema, it wasn't introduced as a Solr4 compatible version of the default
schema.xml file and i think it should be removed in favour of updating the schema.xml to Solr4.The
only change i can think of is adding the version field that is mandatory for SolrCloud. The
schema version is 1.5 which the default schema already has.

OK so what about all of the addition config in the schema-solr4.xml
file which resides above the actual field definitions? E.g. the
tokenisation, etc. parts you discuss above
I also think it is too ambiguous (and slightly pointless) to maintain
two schema (unless of course someone can provide justification). I
think (in all distributions moving forward) we should aim to simplify
this and encapsulate all required field and configuration definitions
in a single schema.xml...

Lewis