Hi guys,

At least 2 of the issues that Seb and I had mentioned have now been committed. What about releasing 1.8 from trunk? If so, any volunteers?

Julien


On 2 December 2013 21:02, Sebastian Nagel <wastl.nagel@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi,

+1 to release soon (this year, or early next year)

> and probably a few others but they could also be done later.
At least, these should be done before releasing:
NUTCH-1646 IndexerMapReduce to consider DB status
NUTCH-1413 Record response time

Sebastian

On 11/28/2013 05:49 PM, Julien Nioche wrote:
> Hi Lewis
>
> We've done quite a few things in 1.x since the previous release (e.g. generic deduplication,
> removing indexer.solr package, etc...)  and the next 2.x release will be after the changes to GORA
> have been made, tested and used on the Nutch side so that could be quite a while.
>
> I am neutral as to whether we should do a 1.x release now. There are some minor issues that we could
> do in 1.x before the next release like :
> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-1360
> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-1676
> and probably a few others but they could also be done later.
>
> Let's hear what others think.
>
> Thanks
>
> Julien
>
>
>
>
> On 28 November 2013 16:34, Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com
> <mailto:lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Folks,
>     Thread says it all.
>     There are some hot tickets over in Gora right now so I think holding off the next while for a
>     2.x release would be wise.
>     I can spin the RC for trunk tonight/tomorrow/weekend if we get the thumbs up.
>     Ta
>     Lewis
>
>     --
>     /Lewis/
>
>
>
>
> --
> *
> *Open Source Solutions for Text Engineering



--

Open Source Solutions for Text Engineering

http://digitalpebble.blogspot.com/
http://www.digitalpebble.com
http://twitter.com/digitalpebble