nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Nutch 1.8 Release Candidate #1
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 10:11:01 GMT
Hi Markus,

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 4:32 AM, <user-digest-help@nutch.apache.org> wrote:

> -1 we still need to fix the last issue of the new segment merger test and
> the indexing issues. We also introduced the hostdb in 1.8 but it doesnt
> seem to work. Releasing 1.8 now is releasing a broken nutch

Admittedly Markus, I generated the RC last Friday evening and did not push
it until yesterday. I was not aware of the above issue on Friday so I cut
my losses and pushed the email thread to see what kind of result we would
get.

It _looks_ like this thread and consequently the RC are dead in the water
so it is no bother to roll everything back until we fix the pending
issues[0].

[0] *http://s.apache.org/BKO <http://s.apache.org/BKO>*