nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I customize Nutch to cater to existing SOLR schema
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:29:24 GMT
Hi Lajos,

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 11:22 AM, <dev-digest-help@nutch.apache.org> wrote:

> I had raised this issue a few months ago, as I had the exact same problem.
> It cannot be solved by configuration, because of the way that the
> MappingReader puts fields in Maps.
>
> I solved this by implementing a custom plugin that further would support
> some basic transformations, ala Solr DIH.
>
> I proposed this as a contribution, but the only feedback comment didn't
> get the use case. Given you have the exact same issue, I'd say it is a
> useful contribution.

I saw this thread and because I did not reply at the time it fell WAY off
of my radar.
For those interested in seeing the very detailed commentary you can see it
here
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40nutch.apache.org/msg12884.html
The scenario you guys seem sot have is certainly one which justifies your
approach so it sounds like something that we should consider.
Any contribution to Nutch is a welcome one. It seems that this one just
slipped off the radar.

> I'll see how/what I can do to get the code available. If a committer can
> comment/provide guidelines, I'd appreciate it.

Please open an issue on our Jira tracker and propose a patch based on the
branch you are using (trunk or 2.X). It would be very helpful if we can
apply it against SVN codebase.

Thank you
Lewis