nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Nutch Wiki] Trivial Update of "Nutch2Tutorial" by LewisJohnMcgibbney
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 00:51:33 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "Nutch2Tutorial" page has been changed by LewisJohnMcgibbney:
https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/Nutch2Tutorial?action=diff&rev1=16&rev2=17

  == Obtaining Software and Configuration ==

   * Grab the latest distribution of Nutch 2.X from [[http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/nutch/|here]].
'''Do NOT build the source yet'''. From now on we will refer to the directory where the Nutch
code resides as $NUTCH_HOME.
-  * Download and configure HBase 0.98.8-hadoop. You can get it [[http://archive.apache.org/dist/hbase/|here]]
('''N.B.''' Each version of Gora is tied to a particular version of HBase, we therefore suggest
you use this version if possible. If you decide to use another version of HBase please do
not be surprised if the stack does not work. You should also obtain [[http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#quickstart|current
documentation for HBase]] however please again take into consideration that the version of
HBase we recommend you use may not correlate to the current documentation. Please keep this
in mind and use your initiative.
+  * Download and configure HBase 0.98.8-hadoop2. You can get it [[http://archive.apache.org/dist/hbase/hbase-0.98.8/hbase-0.98.8-hadoop2-bin.tar.gz|here]]
('''N.B.''' Each version of Gora is tied to a particular version of HBase, we therefore suggest
you use this version if possible. If you decide to use another version of HBase please do
not be surprised if the stack does not work. You should also obtain [[http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#quickstart|current
documentation for HBase]] however please again take into consideration that the version of
HBase we recommend you use may not correlate to the current documentation. Please keep this
in mind and use your initiative.
   * Specify the GORA backend in $NUTCH_HOME/conf/nutch-site.xml along with all of the other
Configuration options suggested within the [[http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchTutorial|Nutch
1.x tutorial]].

  {{{