nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Jorge Betancourt <betancourt.jo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: quick start for dev Nutch in Intellij?
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2017 20:38:51 GMT
Honestly what I usually do is just:

$ ant eclipse

This will create an eclipse project that I import directly int IntelliJ. I also install/use
IvyIDEA and resolve all the dependencies within IntelliJ for all modules. With this setup
I can run unit tests from within the IDE, although I usually run the full test suite from
the terminal (ant test), which also works inside the plugins directory.

For the IvyIDE error, check that you have configured the Ivy settings file to point to the
ivy/ivy.xml file in the Nutch subdirectory.

https://cl.ly/250r1l3g2e2S

Best Regards,
Jorge

On Nov 6, 2017, 6:30 PM +0100, Allison, Timothy B. <tallison@mitre.org>, wrote:
> All,
> Apologies for the newb-to-nutch question, but is there a quick start guide for developing
Nutch with Intellij?

> There has to be a better way than relying on the build directory: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15357462/how-to-open-an-ant-project-nutch-source-at-intellij-idea
>
> I've tried Project Structure->Modules->IvyIDEA and pointing to ivy/ivy.xml, but
I'm getting an "Error parsing settings file...if you use properties, configure those first"....so
I tried loading default.properties first with no luck.