nutch-dev mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: quick start for dev Nutch in Intellij?
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2017 21:51:47 GMT
Duh, of course.  That did it.  Thank you!

Any standard/easy ways for dealing with Hadoop on Windows:

ERROR util.Shell (Shell.java:getWinUtilsPath(374)) - Failed to locate the winutils binary
in the hadoop binary path
java.io.IOException: Could not locate executable null\bin\winutils.exe in the Hadoop binaries.

I saw this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35652665/java-io-ioexception-could-not-locate-executable-null-bin-winutils-exe-in-the-ha
and a few others, but I haven’t quite gotten their recommendations to work with Nutch.

From: Jorge Betancourt [mailto:betancourt.jorge@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2017 3:39 PM
To: dev@nutch.apache.org
Subject: Re: quick start for dev Nutch in Intellij?

Honestly what I usually do is just:

$ ant eclipse

This will create an eclipse project that I import directly int IntelliJ. I also install/use
IvyIDEA and resolve all the dependencies within IntelliJ for all modules. With this setup
I can run unit tests from within the IDE, although I usually run the full test suite from
the terminal (ant test), which also works inside the plugins directory.

For the IvyIDE error, check that you have configured the Ivy settings file to point to the
ivy/ivy.xml file in the Nutch subdirectory.

https://cl.ly/250r1l3g2e2S

Best Regards,
Jorge

On Nov 6, 2017, 6:30 PM +0100, Allison, Timothy B. <tallison@mitre.org<mailto:tallison@mitre.org>>,