Honestly what I usually do is just:

$ ant eclipse

This will create an eclipse project that I import directly int IntelliJ. I also install/use IvyIDEA and resolve all the dependencies within IntelliJ for all modules. With this setup I can run unit tests from within the IDE, although I usually run the full test suite from the terminal (ant test), which also works inside the plugins directory.

For the IvyIDE error, check that you have configured the Ivy settings file to point to the ivy/ivy.xml file in the Nutch subdirectory.

https://cl.ly/250r1l3g2e2S

Best Regards,
Jorge