nutch-dev mailing list archives

From lewis john mcgibbney <lewi...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Replacing MapReduce with Tez
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2020 07:46:30 GMT
Hi dev@,
A while ago I had thought about bringing this topic up... I then got
busy... for ages. I'll therefore get straight to the point.
Has anyone on the dev@ team had an experience using Apache Tez -
tez.apache.org?
Tez promises multiple improvements over MapReduce. Naturally I wondered
whether the Nutch project is at a stage of maturity now that we would look
to leverage something more performant than legacy MapReduce.
Were we to consider evolving Nutch by re-architecting it to use Tez as the
processing engine, this would be a significant work effort.
I just wanted to throw this out there for some blue-sky feedback.
Thanks
lewismc

--
http://home.apache.org/~lewismc/