nutch-dev mailing list archives

From shbalakunt...@gmail.com
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Replacing MapReduce with Tez
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2020 09:29:16 GMT
Hi Lewis,

I have some background using and developing on tez for sometime. It might be good improvement
if we can fit our model to Apache Tez. If dev@ agrees and it is feasible I will be happy to
check and work on this.

Thanks,
Shashanka

Sent from my iPhone

> On 10-Dec-2020, at 1:16 PM, lewis john mcgibbney <lewismc@apache.org> wrote:
>

> Hi dev@,
> A while ago I had thought about bringing this topic up... I then got busy... for ages.
I'll therefore get straight to the point.
> Has anyone on the dev@ team had an experience using Apache Tez - tez.apache.org?
> Tez promises multiple improvements over MapReduce. Naturally I wondered whether the Nutch
project is at a stage of maturity now that we would look to leverage something more performant
than legacy MapReduce.
> Were we to consider evolving Nutch by re-architecting it to use Tez as the processing
engine, this would be a significant work effort.