ode-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Initial committers
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 04:30:19 GMT
+1 for this plan (which removes my earlier -1 .. hmm or does that make
it a +0/-0 state? ;-)).

I'll be happy to be on the PPMC.

Sanjiva.

IOn Fri, 2006-02-17 at 23:22 -0500, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> +1 from me Noel. I will start a VOTE for the initial bunch of
> committers. Current PPMC consists for just the 3 mentors. (James, Geir
> and me).
>
> Current Incubator PMC members, please step up and volunteer for the PPMC work.
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> On 2/17/06, Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com> wrote:
> > Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> >
> > > One thing that should be resolved as soon as possible is how we will
> > > bring in new members.  At the moment there are 17 proposed new
> > > committers for a total of 37 committers.
> >
> > > it seems excessive.
> >
> > I agree, but we're also trying to have a relatively low barrier to help build community.
> >
> > We have generally agreed that existing ASF Committers who want to participate should
sign up as the project is starting, and should be accepted.  But as a general rule, the PPMC
should be voting on committers.  Again with an eye for community building.  We can always
drop people.  And, as a reminder, Committers do not have binding votes.

> > The initial PPMC are the Mentors (actually the whole of the Incubator PMC).  I would
suggest that the PPMC immediately act to add Bill Flood and Ismael to the PPMC, at a minimum.
 Then the PPMC can address the Committer list collectively.