ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Initial committers
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 04:22:23 GMT
+1 from me Noel. I will start a VOTE for the initial bunch of
committers. Current PPMC consists for just the 3 mentors. (James, Geir
and me).

Current Incubator PMC members, please step up and volunteer for the PPMC work.

thanks,
dims

> Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>
> > One thing that should be resolved as soon as possible is how we will
> > bring in new members.  At the moment there are 17 proposed new
> > committers for a total of 37 committers.
>
> > it seems excessive.
>
> I agree, but we're also trying to have a relatively low barrier to help build community.
>
> We have generally agreed that existing ASF Committers who want to participate should
sign up as the project is starting, and should be accepted.  But as a general rule, the PPMC
should be voting on committers.  Again with an eye for community building.  We can always
drop people.  And, as a reminder, Committers do not have binding votes.

> The initial PPMC are the Mentors (actually the whole of the Incubator PMC).  I would
suggest that the PPMC immediately act to add Bill Flood and Ismael to the PPMC, at a minimum.
 Then the PPMC can address the Committer list collectively.