ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Brown" <paulrbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: are we really gonna end up with 1 engine anyway?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:42:31 GMT
Hi, Lance --

> I would like to try and steer this discussion back to my original question
> on defining a common set of BPEL acceptance tests. Do you think this sounds
> like a reasonable thing to achieve? I noticed there are BPEL documents
> located at ( pxe\bpel-scripts\src1.1\good and pxe\bpel-scripts\src\2.0\good
> ). Do you consider these the PXE acceptance tests? The Sybase donation has
> BPEL test documents located at ( bpe\bpelTests ). Does it make sense to
> start by merging these two groups of  tests?

You're looking in the right place.  PXE has a harness (probably
similar to what BPE does...) that injects messages into ports via a
synthetic endpoint and then looks for responses and checks XPaths.
There are BPEL processes that are constructed to check for various
functional behaviors, check for runtime faults, etc.  Each of the
subdirectories contains specific tests for assign, event handlers,
etc.

There are additional verifications of static analysis behaviors in the
tests for the bpel-compiler module as JUnit tests.

So, I think it makes sense to figure out a kind of combination of spec
verification (with explicit clarifications for areas of ambiguity in
1.1 (fault handlers, e.g.) and functional verification.  Because of
the level of detail that's required, this is an area where many hands
(and eyes) help to make light work, and I can say that as the guy who
had to write a bunch of those BPEL processes in Emacs...

-- Paul