ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Brown" <paulrbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: are we really gonna end up with 1 engine anyway?
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:53:12 GMT
Hi, Lance --

> I can see how the BpelIfActivityState maps into the bom ( SwitchActivityImpl
> ), however I'm a bit lost on <forEach> and <repeatUntil>. I don't see parser
> classes for these constructs nor do I see them registered in BpelGraph_2_0.

If they're not in BpelGraph_2_0, then they weren't in on the last pass
over the spec.  It's not difficult to add the pieces to the
bpel-parser and bom modules for new activities.  Adding the right bits
to the compiler and VM infrastructure is a little more involved but
also not too difficult if you've got the Zen down.  That said, I'm
reasonably sure that Maciej and company have been holding off on
adding them to the compiler pipeline until, e.g., 242 and 243 are
settled.  (The precise behavior of scopes vis a vis iteration needs to
be clarified before the runtime semantics can be implemented.)

-- Paul