ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Initial committers
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 04:11:32 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> One thing that should be resolved as soon as possible is how we will
> bring in new members.  At the moment there are 17 proposed new
> committers for a total of 37 committers.

> it seems excessive.

I agree, but we're also trying to have a relatively low barrier to help build community.

We have generally agreed that existing ASF Committers who want to participate should sign
up as the project is starting, and should be accepted.  But as a general rule, the PPMC should
be voting on committers.  Again with an eye for community building.  We can always drop people.
 And, as a reminder, Committers do not have binding votes.

The initial PPMC are the Mentors (actually the whole of the Incubator PMC).  I would suggest
that the PPMC immediately act to add Bill Flood and Ismael to the PPMC, at a minimum.  Then
the PPMC can address the Committer list collectively.

	--- Noel