ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Flood" <bill.f.fl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: are we really gonna end up with 1 engine anyway?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:19:42 GMT
The Sybase contribution did not attempt to address the JBI problem or bus
problem at all as we are assumed to be plugged into a bus.  That's probably
why some people find this contribution easier to grok.  The contribution is
very targeted to a specific part of the problem.  Likewise, the engine can
run outside of any container as is.  The transaction semantics are delegated
to the container, if there is one.  Likewise, the BPEL support is not
injected directly into the engine.