ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Initial committers
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 09:11:57 GMT
Like the plan too. I'd be happy to be on the ppmc as well but am not
sure whether I have enough karma for that. Is i only opened to
Incubator PMC members for the moment?

On 2/18/06, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote:
> +1 for this plan (which removes my earlier -1 .. hmm or does that make
> it a +0/-0 state? ;-)).
>
> I'll be happy to be on the PPMC.
>
> Sanjiva.
>
> IOn Fri, 2006-02-17 at 23:22 -0500, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> > +1 from me Noel. I will start a VOTE for the initial bunch of
> > committers. Current PPMC consists for just the 3 mentors. (James, Geir
> > and me).
> >
> > Current Incubator PMC members, please step up and volunteer for the PPMC work.
> >
> > thanks,
> > dims

> > > I agree, but we're also trying to have a relatively low barrier to help build
community.

> > > We have generally agreed that existing ASF Committers who want to participate
should sign up as the project is starting, and should be accepted.  But as a general rule,
the PPMC should be voting on committers.  Again with an eye for community building.  We can
always drop people.  And, as a reminder, Committers do not have binding votes.

> > > The initial PPMC are the Mentors (actually the whole of the Incubator PMC).
 I would suggest that the PPMC immediately act to add Bill Flood and Ismael to the PPMC, at
a minimum.  Then the PPMC can address the Committer list collectively.