ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Brown" <paulrbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ode client API
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 19:14:55 GMT
> In theory I agree with you Alex...better to pick an existing API if it makes
> sense.  Practically speaking, we have a choice of a stack neutral API like
> BPE, PXE, or something tied to a protocol stack that inherintely implies
> pulling in other elements of that "borrowed" API.

And in fact, I hope that we're running down a path where SOAP (and
HTTP or anything else) is explicitly external to the engine.  It
should be just as easy to inject a message exchange into the engine
from a simple Java client as it would be from an RMI client as it
would via a web service facade.

-- Paul