ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Brown" <paulrbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ode client API
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:01:45 GMT
> * If what we mean by "client API" is a method of invoking (that is
> delivering messages to) BPEL services from /diverse/ client applications
> (something an web-app developer might write) then we want to stick to
> existing technologies (such as AXIS). I see little point to providing
> yet another method for such clients to invoke a BPEL service.

I'm on the same page with this -- it makes sense to keep the engine as
small as possible and use existing packages to layer on orthogonal
functionality (like SOAP handling), but I'd also like to be sure that
we maintain a reasonable level of purity and isolation -- using AXIS
as the default SOAP protocol stack shouldn't preclude the clear
integration of something like XFire or an application server's JAX-WS
stack by another user.  Just the same, the core engine should be have
the absolute minimum number of library dependencies to maximize the
possibilities for integrating it into other runtimes.

-- Paul