ode-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Ode client API
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 19:53:40 GMT
Paul Brown wrote:

>And in fact, I hope that we're running down a path where SOAP (and
>HTTP or anything else) is explicitly external to the engine.  It
>should be just as easy to inject a message exchange into the engine
>from a simple Java client as it would be from an RMI client as it
>would via a web service facade.

Agreed.  As I understand it, there will be a need to send and receive
messages with:

-a payload and possibly other message parts
-a set of optional headers to carry transaction, security, addressing
contexts and such
-an endpoint, interface and operation name to define what to do with the
message

As well as the need to support two main message exchange patterns ("in"
and "in-out" in WSDL parlance) in both synchronous and asynchronous (w/
callback) manner.

Are we in agreement with these requirements?

alex