ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Flood" <bill.f.fl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ode client API
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:47:04 GMT
forking the thread to Ode-dev...

In theory I agree with you Alex...better to pick an existing API if it makes
sense.  Practically speaking, we have a choice of a stack neutral API like
BPE, PXE, or something tied to a protocol stack that inherintely implies
pulling in other elements of that "borrowed" API.

If we used the Axis2 API for Ode, we would be going down a path where Ode
usage would requrie Axis2.  That requirement might be a major issue for
users of Ode and unless we can find a way around the inheritence of the
Axis2 stack, I'm inclined to prefer a stack neutral approach (e.g., BPED) as
well.