ode-dev mailing list archives

From Paul R Brown <paulrbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PXE Debug Help
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2006 02:10:35 GMT

Hi, Lance --

> Could someone from the PXE team point me to any documentation/
> threads that
> discuss debugging the PXE engine. I would like to run the
> spexcercizer unit
> tests and step through the engine. Thanks for any help ( btw - I am
> using
> the Eclipse JDT ).

All of the interesting parts of the spexerciser run in the PXE server
container, and IIRC, there is a flag that you can pass when starting
the server executable that enables a JPDA connection...

Look in $PXE_ROOT/PXE/src/bin/jlo-run.sh.template at around line 111;
if you put --jdb on the commandline, then it will set up a connection
for a JPDA debugger on port 5005 for your favorite debugger, be that
in Eclipse or NetBeans. :)

	-- Paul