ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Flood" <bill.f.fl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Planning assumptions
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:49:26 GMT
I missed two paragraphs on the front side of this commentrary...

- We need to determine the most capable and useful entry point API for
any common Ode implementation.  It's probably productive to avoid
introducing any external dependencies to any bus architecture or
external protocols so that the core engine can be used by as many
external projects as possible while avoiding unnecessary dependencies.
 This implies that the proprietary JBI-like bus currently used by the
PXE contribution would need to be abandoned.

- The implementation should support both a transactionally contiguous
invoke-to-endpoint transaction model as well as an asynchronous
coupling (callback-enable implementation) to the endpoint from the
engine (the latter requirement is specific to current PXE usage
scenarios).  The transactional requirements imply some isolation of
the thread semantics, currently present in the PXE contribution, would
be necessary.