ode-dev mailing list archives

From Maciej Szefler <...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: NOTICE: trunk may be buggy this morning.
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:39:25 GMT
In general I'd prefer less discussion rather than more, applying the
following rules:

1. deviations that get us closer to an established goal do not require
discussion

2. ditto for refactors / improvements of existing functionality

3. new core features where there may be disagreement as to the
requirements require some discussion beforehand.

4. non-core features should not require discussion unless they are found
be a nuisance or until it is determined that they are in fact core
features.

Examples:
1. e.g. my tweaks to deployment
2. e.g. go through BpelServerImpl and fix the multi-threaded concurrency
issues
3. e.g. versioning, content api, business transactions, etc...
4. e.g. implement a debugging facility, support additional query
language, etc..

All these are subjective of course. If something more rigid is called
for then we might consider establishing ownership responsibilities for
certain areas of the project so that we don't have to get bogged down in
endless discussions. Of course there would always be recourse to
democracy: if for example there is a big disagreement that cannot be
worked out between someone working on the engine, and the API owner,
then this nuclear option is always available.

-maciej