ode-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Issue 10 / Versioning
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 21:34:15 GMT
Maciej Szefler wrote:
> I think that clarifies it, and also suggests that our terminology is not
> the best. The things that is confusing is that the retired processes are
> not "inactive". Lance's 'current' is better in this respect, but has no
> good opposite (perhaps "legacy").

Retired only means that you cannot create new instances -- existing
instances remain active and are allowed to complete normally.  This
terminology is already used in other widely available process engines
and that's why I've been using it.

Again, I don't understand why we need the concept of "current" since you
only need to define which process is logically hooked to a given
operation+endpoint for routing purposes.

Or said another way, I don't understand why you could not have P (v1)
and P (v2) both activated at the same time if they do not share the same
operation+endpoints.

alex