ode-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Issue 10 / Versioning
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:22:17 GMT
Maciej Szefler wrote:
> I propose that we do not put too many restrictions on what a new version
> of a process looks like. It only needs to enforce the following rules:
> 1. A service exposed in version n, must also be exposed in version n+1
> 2. An operation used in version n, must have the same signature in
> version n+1
> 3. A data type used in version n, must have the same definition in
> version n+1.

Personally, I still find this too restrictive.  My proposal would be to
consider the version attribute as part of the process identifier --
effectively making two processes with the same name+namespace but with
different version identifiers completely unrelated from an
implementation standpoint.  The deployment rules for two such processes
would be the same as if they did not share common name+namespace.

alex