ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Versioning
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:41:45 GMT
I don't see it that way.

If I wanted to deploy Foo side by side with Bar, I would create a process
Foo and a process Bar, with distinct names that may differ only in version
number.

If I'm deploying Foo for the third time (v3), it's because I'm replacing
Foo(v2), itself replacing Foo(v1). And the element of least surprise is that
new version is activated, while old version is retired. Consistently.

Otherwise, I accidentally change the endpoints in Foo(v3), and all my test
cases keep working even though they should be failing, because Foo(v3) is
wrong, but Foo(v2) is still active.

Assaf

--
CTO, Intalio