ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Lance Waterman" <lance.water...@gmail.com>
Subject Deployment Descriptors
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 18:14:54 GMT
Matthieu; All,

I have been looking at the implications of the dd.xsd in more detail and
would like to throw out the following thoughts for feedback. To me the
dd.xsd ( excluding the property stuff ) seems to be pushing IL binding
artifacts ( i..e service,port ) into the BPEL domain where the goal of the
endpoint reference was to keep these artifacts abstracted away. That being
said, I wonder if we could add a method to
EndpointReferenceContext.getEndpointReference(QName scope, QName
partnerLink, QName portType)? This would relieve  packaging/deployment
tooling from the requirement of building an ODE specific deployment
descriptor. The downside is that it pushes BPEL concepts into the IL ( I
think the dd.xsd does that as well ) however, this method does leave some
room for poetic license within the IL. Let's say I don't have a very robust
packaging/deployment model/tooling and all I can do is map a portType to a
binding.

Thoughts?

Lance