ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Lance Waterman" <lance.water...@gmail.com>
Subject Versioning
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 14:12:16 GMT
I would like to start a new thread on this since I don't believe this really
has anything to do with issue 10 and I was beginning to get lost in the
thread context.

I have put more thought into Alex's comments and would like to see if more
use cases could help clear things up. Sticking with Alex's uses cases I
believe he has defined process P with v1 and v2 where v1 has instantiating
operation A and v2 has instantiating operation B. I would like to add v3
which has instantiating operation A ( identical to v1 ).

P.v1 is deployed

P.v2 is deployed. My impression from Alex is that P.v1.A and P.v2.B are both
"active" ( both are available to the client and both will instantiate a new
process ). I must use some management tooling to explicitly "retire" P.v1.
Is this correct?

P.v3 is deployed. This is where I need some help in understanding. Is
P.v1.Astill active or because the signature is the same,
P.v1.A is implicitly retired?

Lance